Windows Phone 8′s first update, aka ‘Portico‘, continues to make its way to more devices around the world. In the United States, Verizon has lived up to its reputation by being the slowest of the three carriers to push out the update to its lineup of Windows Phones. However, with the new update that’s now rolling out to the Nokia Lumia 822, they have finally completed updating their Windows Phone 8 lineup.
Not only should Lumia 822 owners expect to see an update notification now on their phones for the long-awaited Portico additions, there’s also an accompanying firmware update. The firmware number has been bumped up to 1532.5951.1250.1012, and the changelog of features/fixes can be seen in its entirety below:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enhancements for improved performance.
- Extended support for more microSD card manufacturers.
- Improved SD card functionality.
- Added capability to select an MP3 file as a ring tone (MP3 files must be loaded via a PC).
- Enhancements have been made to messaging to allow editing an MMS while forwarding.
- New functionality to multi-select recipients for a message and ignore calls with an SMS reply
The MicroSD card issue has been a big problem affecting quite a few Lumia 822 owners, and hopefully this update addresses those incompatibilities. As always, the update is rolling out now but it may not be available right away so stay patient.
Verizon has already issued a Portico update for the HTC Windows Phone 8X, and the Samsung ATIV Odyssey already ships with the update pre-installed. So Verizon has finally completed its Portico rollout, and admittedly done so in a reasonable amount of time. Cue the golf clap.
Source: Verizon Wireless